Open Water Swim Clinics
The Open Water Swim Clinic is geared towards those new to the sport of triathlon or those lacking confidence in the open water. Highlights of each open water swim clinic include:
- Led by USAT Coaches and Experienced Triathletes and Instructors
- Various starting formats – on beach, in water, mass starts/swim waves, time trial
- Sighting – how to stay on track towards buoy
- Swimming in crowd - bumped, kicked, hit, etc. It’s gonna happen, so learn to be prepared
- Bilateral breathing – importance in open water setting
- Panic attacks – what to do if this happens to you or the person next to you
- Water exits – how to set up for a smooth and efficient T1
- FREE Xterra Wetsuits rental (limited quantities and sizes)* – try different sizes and styles on and see what it feels like to use one in the open water
- Plus More tips and tricks!
Participation to each open water swim clinic is limited to 50 swimmers to ensure individual attention and to promote a fun and safe environment. This is a unique experience to get hands on training, and will give you the experience and confidence you need for race day! To get the most out of the open water swim clinic, athletes must be able to swim a minimum of 150 yards.
Cost per clinic: $25 pre-registration, $30 day of registration (complementary for annual MRA Multisport Triathlon Club members)
Location: Marion’s Camp (end of Tuttle Road) Sutton, MA 01590)
Time: 7:30am-9:00am (check-in starts at 7:00am)
Need help swimming? MRA Multisport offers other swim-specific programs which are more instructional and drill oriented and aimed at improving your swim technique.
*Rental wetsuits from Xterra Wetsuits can be purchased for a discounted price at the end of the season. New suits can be purchased directly from Xterra Wetsuits by using the discount code C-MRA for 60% off.